– Just days after taking the oath of office as state representative for the 105th Legislative District, Rep. Andrew Lewis (R-Dauphin) has hit the ground running, launching his community outreach initiative to establish open lines of communication with the people he serves.
“I work for the people, but I cannot do that job effectively without your input,” Lewis said. “I need to hear about the issues that concern you, the problems you’ve encountered with state government, your ideas for improving our region and state, your opinions on major policies under debate at the Capitol and more.
“My ultimate goal is to change the way government operates to make it more transparent, accountable and accessible, and I believe we can achieve that goal by working together,” he added.
To encourage open lines of communication with residents, Lewis has scheduled an open house at his district office, as well as three town hall meetings, in the month of February. The schedule is as follows:
• District Office Open House: Thursday, Feb. 7, from 4:30-6:30 p.m. The office is located at 4401 Linglestown Road, Suite B, Harrisburg
• Lower Paxton Township Town Hall Meeting: Wednesday, Feb. 13, at 6 p.m. in the Lower Paxton Township Board Room, 425 Prince St., Harrisburg
• West Hanover Township Town Hall Meeting: Wednesday, Feb. 20, at 6 p.m. in the township’s public meeting room, main floor, 7171 Allentown Blvd., Harrisburg
• South Hanover Township Town Hall Meeting: Wednesday, Feb. 27, at 6 p.m. in the South Hanover Township Community Room, 161 Patriot Way, Hershey
In addition to the open house and town hall meeting events, Lewis encourages residents with questions or concerns to contact his office on Linglestown Road at 717-652-3721 or his Capitol office at 717-783-2014. He also invites communication via his legislative website, RepLewis.com
, where residents are encouraged to sign up for weekly email updates that will include state and district information. Lewis is also active on Facebook at Facebook.com/RepAndrewLewis
“I look forward to hearing from you and working together to make our Commonwealth and communities the best they can be,” he concluded.
Representative Andrew Lewis
105th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Patricia A. Hippler